2 pounds ground turkey
2 16 ounce cans chickpeas, drained
2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
mixed greens, shredded
sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
red onion, chopped
cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Heat oil in large pan over medium-high heat. Add turkey and break into small pieces using a wooden spoon. Once cooked reduce heat to medium.
- Add garlic and spices. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Immediately stir in tomatoes and chickpeas; salt generously. Once mixture begins to simmer, cover pan and reduce heat to low. Let cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Taco meat is ready to be enjoyed! Serve on a bed of shredded lettuce with cheese, onion, and tomatoes.